Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Truckman

Default Alaska Offroad Warriors

I finally saw an episode lastnight. I learned a lot:

6" of mud equals "no bottom"

It's stressful to go up a rocky two-track that many other people have traveled... because if you're not careful, and stall out, you may lose traction and go rolling over the side of the hill.

Black pepper like that used for cooking will fix a leaking water pump. Okay, supposedly this might work. We'll have to test it sometime.

You can stick a shovel in the ground, stand on it, and it will be adequate as a winch point to quickly pull a fully loaded expedition vehicle out of a hole... when a professionally constructed 'land anchor' was difficult for another team to use.

It's okay to use open differentials when racing through Alaskan back country, mostly where there are no easy roads or trails.

When you're alone in the Alaskan back country, with nothing to winch to, take the deepest ruts you see.

No need to use seatbelts when you're offroad because there are no police to give you a ticket.

If you're going to race from one end of Alaska to the other, and you have big mud tires to make it through sloppy, deep mud... wear regular work boots and stylish brown socks that barely cover your ankles. Waterproof knee boots are overkill.

Ha! I laughed at the stupidity for pretty much the whole show.

Last edited by Truckman : 12-29-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
swampjeep
Proud NEW Daddy!

not sure if you saw this, but we're talking about the same show, LOL

http://www.swampstompers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4245
Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Jeeppoor

Black pepper in the rad will stop a small leak. But so will putting a raw egg in the rad. But only temporary.

Don't worry there's still two tires on the ground.

"Life's goal is not to reach the grave safely in a well preserved body. But to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride."
Jeeppoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
sportsnut44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
I finally saw an episode lastnight. I learned a lot:

6" of mud equals "no bottom"

It's stressful to go up a rocky two-track that many other people have traveled... because if you're not careful, and stall out, you may lose traction and go rolling over the side of the hill.

Black pepper like that used for cooking will fix a leaking water pump. Okay, supposedly this might work. We'll have to test it sometime.

You can stick a shovel in the ground, stand on it, and it will be adequate as a winch point to quickly pull a fully loaded expedition vehicle out of a hole... when a professionally constructed 'land anchor' was difficult for another team to use.

It's okay to use open differentials when racing through Alaskan back country, mostly where there are no easy roads or trails.

When you're alone in the Alaskan back country, with nothing to winch to, take the deepest ruts you see.

No need to use seatbelts when you're offroad because there are no police to give you a ticket.

If you're going to race from one end of Alaska to the other, and you have big mud tires to make it through sloppy, deep mud... wear regular work boots and stylish brown socks that barely cover your ankles. Waterproof knee boots are overkill.

Ha! I laughed at the stupidity for pretty much the whole show.

i determined that immortal (with a mullet) had a place on our interpretation of that show. which character are you going to play Aaron?
sportsnut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
Dragon wagon

Ill be pete , shays brother . Im getting mellow in my old age
Dragon wagon is offline   Reply With Quote