Swamp Stompers Forums

Go Back   Swamp Stompers Forums > Public Forums > General Talk
First Page FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Haggar
Hagnam Style
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,795
Default anyone have a Ford F250 or F150hd Dana 44?

I want to make my Jimmy have a drivers side drop front axle. I believe a 1970's Ford F250 or F150(camper special or snow fighter) which are both leaf spring axles will bolt right into my Jimmy. They have the spring perch molded into the housing in the correct spot. Can't use the normal F150 and bronco axles that have radius arms....

Anyone know of one for sale? I just need the housing and inner shafts.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
h8pvmnt
Custom User Title
 
h8pvmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warren, Mi
Posts: 684
Default

I have a fsj drivers side drop d44 housing if that'll work for you. No axle shafts, just the housing. I paid $125 for it.
__________________
"To say nothing, especially when speaking, is half the art of diplomacy."
h8pvmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
sportsnut44
 
sportsnut44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: north branch, mi
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
I want to make my Jimmy have a drivers side drop front axle. I believe a 1970's Ford F250 or F150(camper special or snow fighter) which are both leaf spring axles will bolt right into my Jimmy. They have the spring perch molded into the housing in the correct spot. Can't use the normal F150 and bronco axles that have radius arms....

Anyone know of one for sale? I just need the housing and inner shafts.
78-79 f250 on my jeep now the earlier years are low pinion

i will check with cody and see if he can get another one.
sportsnut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
backdraft
Super Moderator
 
backdraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bridgport
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut44 View Post
78-79 f250 on my jeep now the earlier years are low pinion

i will check with cody and see if he can get another one.
Don't forget to check for my pair also please
backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Haggar
Hagnam Style
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,795
Default

I think I have a line on one, just need to close the deal... Trying to stay high pinion, to keep the angles minimal.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
Haggar
Hagnam Style
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,795
Default

looks like I'm picking up one tomorrow, and also a fuel injected motor for the CJ7 :-)
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
Haggar
Hagnam Style
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,795
Default

Picked up the axle today.

Steve, any parts that I don't need, I'll let you know if you want some spare parts. I plan to only use the inner shafts and the housing. So I might have a few stub shafts and a couple parts left over.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
sportsnut44
 
sportsnut44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: north branch, mi
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Picked up the axle today.

Steve, any parts that I don't need, I'll let you know if you want some spare parts. I plan to only use the inner shafts and the housing. So I might have a few stub shafts and a couple parts left over.

thank you
sportsnut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
sportsnut44
 
sportsnut44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: north branch, mi
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdraft View Post
Don't forget to check for my pair also please

he does not have

but he is looking for you
sportsnut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
backdraft
Super Moderator
 
backdraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bridgport
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut44 View Post
he does not have

but he is looking for you
backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.